An unbelievable response to the Toronto Awesome Foundation. You rock, Toronto+Canada+World. All of this within the last few days…
Profile on the front page of today’s The Star.
Interview with OpenMatt on Metro Morning yesterday.
Article in Toronto Life.
Profile on BoingBoing.
Profile and interview with Tim Hwang (founder) in Huffington Post.
Article in BlogTO.
Setting up an interview with Fearless Fred at The Edge / 102.1.
Over 15,000 views to the site.
The volunteer efforts of PR-wizard extraordinaire, Gavin D.
Corey Mintz is going to make us supper while we decide who gets the first prize.
A mass explosion of Twitter traffic and new subs to @awesomefound.
Already getting a waiting list of people who want to join the Board. (Start another chapter?!?)
A new ‘Battle of Ontario’ flame war going with Ottawa re: who is awesomer.
Chad is working to launch Awesome Montreal. Also new start-ups underway in the Gulf region and Seattle. Awesome LA has over 350 people coming to their launch party.
And most importantly… Coming on 40+ submissions to make Toronto awesome, including:
- Guerilla stealth classical music raves
- World’s largest sparkler party along Yonge Street, hosted by a clown
- Musical pieces composed as palindromes (sound the same both ways) timed to the length of the trip between subway stations. Launched with a late night live performance on the trains.
- An ‘Interac’ card for receipts
- Big-ass karaoke party at Yonge & Dundas Square with the lyrics on all the digital billboards
- Hand sanitizers and lotion at gas station pumps
- ‘You’re going too fast’ signs in school zones
- A front-of-the-car brake light invention by an ex cop
- A young band needing studio time for their first album
- And, of course, our very first submission: Laser Monkeys.
Keep it up! This is amazing.